SOCIAL MEDIA

OUR TRYING TO CONCEIVE JOURNEY
Part 2: Walking on Eggshells

Monday 6 May 2019
I think the worst part of the whole TTC process is the waiting. While I have had instances in my relationship before now when contraception has failed, the waiting there has never been as excruciating as what waiting now feels like. Mainly that is because we have always used two forms of contraception and so the chances of falling pregnant were small. But now, waiting to see if we have been successful, it feels as if the days are longer. 


Half of my anticipation when it comes to waiting has to do with my periods. Before I was 15, my periods were irregular. They could come anytime between 4-8 weeks and I never took notice of things with my body to see if there were any PMS type systems before it happened. In the two times before this year when I went off the pill, I ended up with period problems where my period continued for months. So waiting to see if my period will come often feels like I'm walking on eggshells around it.

Since going off the pill in January, I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. For my period to revert back to the way they were in my teens or for them to go the complete opposite direction. It's one of the reasons I wanted to get off the pill a lot earlier than many women do. I wanted to be able to handle any issues that we may have earlier in order to be prepared. I wanted to have an idea of what my cycles were like off the pill so I could track everything a lot easier.

Instead of everything going pear-shaped and reverting back to how things once were, I've been having my period like clockwork. Without fail, it's been showing up every 28 days. I've really only known period regularity while on the pill, so to have my body doing it naturally is kind of weird. 

I'm not sure where this month is going to end. I don't even know if it's going to continue on the same pattern as it has been. What I do know is that the waiting is starting to get on my nerves as when it comes to things like this my patience is limited.

How did you manage to deal with the waiting while TTC?

Post a Comment