SOCIAL MEDIA

Musical Mondays

Monday 25 May 2020


For about 18 months before moving to Sydney and starting my career as a Nanny, I worked in a library and helped out with the programs like Story Time and Baby Bounce. I loved helping to organise everything and helping out with the programs as it was a lot of fun and I saw how much the parents and the kids got out of it.

One of the things that I was looking forward to the most with AJ while I was home was getting out and going to things like Baby Bounce at our local library. When AJ was 6 weeks old everything with COVID-19 started and two weeks later we were all on lockdown. It sucked. I was looking forward to those groups so much, especially as we were moving and it was going to give me a chance to meet other Mums and potentially make new friends. 

For a while I started to get upset what we were missing out on that and I let myself feel that. I knew I wasn't the only Mum who had had a baby early this year going through the same thing, so I wasn't alone. Then I remembered that this wasn't forever. We did very well at containing the virus early on and we're now slowly lowering restrictions. I'd grown up on a farm, I knew that while interacting with others is important this short period of time wasn't going to be too big of an issue. She'd catch up. 

Then I shook off the sadness and started to get my old books out. I had a lot of songs recorded to use with my Nanny kids and while I remembered my favourites, I needed more if I was going to do my own version at home. Then I realised that there was a lot of Mums out there who were in a similar position as me that wanted to do Baby Bounce with their babies. 

And so Musical Monday's was created. 

Every Monday, I'm uploading a song that you can do with your baby and explaining the reason behind doing it. I include the lyrics on the screen and give an age range so parents can gage what their kids are ready for based on that. The songs are a mixture of nursery rhymes and fingerplays and if you have older kids they can also join in doing the actions themselves or with a doll or teddy bear. 

Eventually the plan is that once I have enough of them, I'll put them all up on YouTube in one video so you can go a whole session with them from home if you want.

I'm going to put the first two down below here but if you would like to learn a new one each week, go check out my Instagram or TikTok. They're uploaded every Monday. Also if you are on TikTok I would love to see you dueting them.


@legiggler Our first ##kidsmusicalmondays is here! I’d love to see you guys do it as well! ##mumsoftiktok ##babiesoftiktok ##nannylife ##mumlife ##momcontent ##fyp
♬ original sound - legiggler



@legiggler It’s time for another ##kidsmusicalmondays this week it’s Der Glump ##mumsoftiktok ##babiesoftiktok ##nannylife ##mumlife ##momcontent ##fyp
♬ original sound - legiggler


What are your favourite songs to do with your kids?

Post a Comment