SOCIAL MEDIA

Goals for 2020

Wednesday 1 January 2020

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I'm not a fan of the term "resolution". When I hear people talk about their resolutions, it always seems like something that you can either succeed at doing or fail miserably at.

There is no middle ground.

It's why I prefer to use the term goals.

Goals are something that you can work towards and even if you don't meet that specific goal, the steps that you have taken along the way make it seem like all the work that you have put in was worth it and that you haven't failed.

It's why on the last day of December I stop and write down 5 goals that I would like to work towards over the course of the year. Some of them are always very obvious things, but a couple of them are usually bigger things that I need to put effort into in order to make them come true.

This year's goals are no different and I wanted to share them here to help hold myself accountable in a positive way.

Have a Healthy Baby


Really this one should go without saying. I'm 6 weeks out from my due date and as things get closer all I really want to start off my year with a bang is to have a healthy baby girl. While I don't want to go into labour until we hit 37 weeks, when she'll be considered full term, her birth is going to be one of the biggest things to happen this year. All I want is for her to be healthy and we can figure out the rest as it comes.


Grow Blogs and Etsy Shop

I currently write two blogs - Le Gigglers and a true-crime blog called the Bulletin Board. I love writing on both and I would love to branch out more with them and reach more people. My Etsy shop is something that I started as a way to help bring resources to people reading my blog and I've been slowly working on more things to add to it. This year I would love to be able to make all three grow and reach more people.

Improve Fitness

Please don't get this twisted in me wanting to immediately lose weight once Baby Giggler arrives. That is not the plan. I fully intend to take my time with my recovery after her birth and wait until I'm given the all-clear by my doctors before I start doing anything. However, I have realised that since I was 20 weeks I have really missed getting out and just walking or doing something like that. More than half of my pregnancy has been spent with me being unable to even go for a walk because of how Baby Giggler's growth has compressed my lungs and caused problems with my asthma. Thankfully it's all under control at the moment but I have no intention of pushing it until well after she is born. Once I've got the all-clear, I'm looking forward to getting into a routine that includes going out for walks with Baby Giggler and our dogs once again. I would even love to slowly ramp it up so I start to improve on other parts of my fitness as well. Weight loss is not my goal but it would be a welcome side effect.

Write a Book

This is a goal I like to give myself every year and last year I managed to complete it. I wrote a children's picture book. This year however I would love to write something with a few more words and chapters in it. I'm not sure how well that is going to go with a baby but I'm willing to give it a try.

Research and learn more about witchcraft/pagan life. 

This type of life has always interested me and this year I did start looking into it. In 2020, I want to further my research and go deeper to learn more. This is not a subject that I'm going to discuss a lot on here (unless you all would like to hear about it) but it is something that I am looking forward to doing this year.

Do you have any goals for 2020?

Post a Comment